Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Rush hour.

6:00 A.M.

Professor Zandi (take the name with respect people, one of the best professors I came across till date) is explaining a complicated pricing strategy. I know I was sleeping in the class but just could not force myself to open my eyes. While I was busy trying to wake up, there is this wailing police siren which tears my ear drums apart. Scared by it I open my eyes and see nothing but darkness around. For a second I forget about the crazy noise which woke me up and try to figure out the place where I am. As my eyes adjust to the darkness around me, I hear the voice of Smarty, " Hey Rotlu, switch off Pehlwan's alarm yaar". Oh ya!!! I am still in my cozy hostel room, tucked under my comforter. As the realisation of the truth that I was not sleeping in the class sinks in, I am startled out of my comfort by the police siren. I jump out of my bed and run to pehlwan's bed to switch his alarm. After grappling with his mobile for a minute or two, I finally manage to switch off the alarm.

8 A.M.

Professor Barnes was explaining how Ansoff's matrix is better than BCG matrix. And this time Billie Joe Armstrong starts singing in the class " On a holiday"....This time round I am not lost as I realise this is my alarm crying to wake me up. I wake up and walk towards the washroom to start one of those hectic days. As I walk towards the washroom, Smarty (still in deep sleep)asks me to check if Shuttler is done with the washroom. I peep into shuttler's room and confirm he is not. As I complete dumping and walk out, Shuttler comes out all dressed and fresh. We wish each other and he goes to his laptop to check the plight of stock markets back in India. As I pick my towel to go back to washroom, Beda shouts from inside, "Smarty, go complete your work quickly man". To which Smarty promptly retorts, "Hey Beda, its your turn to go first today". By the way they are still in their bed. Done with my shower I walk up to Pehlwan's bed to wake him up. Pehlwan needs two or three strong kicks and a reminder of time to wake up with a start. He wakes up, looks at me with an expression somewhere between anger and surprise and asks, "Dumbo, why did you not wake me up earlier?" I explain to him that there is enough time still and he can get ready. Meanwhile Beda gets up from his bed cursing Smarty for his laziness. Amidst all the good morning greetings, Cutie walks into the room to check if he has any company in late risers. Satisfied that there are enough people like him he goes back to get ready. After cutie leaves, comes Jumbo. He walks straight to Pehlwan's bed and picks his sutta, lights it and walks out.

8:45 A.M.
Everybody ready. Oh no, not yet!! Smarty narrows his eyes and checks himself out in the mirror. Hmmm, not enough gel on the hair, puts some more and is satisfied with it now. Pehlwan is trying to find out where is socks are. Beda has just about managed to get ready. But where is shuttler? Oh ya, he left five minutes back with Panic and Nerdy to catch the bus to college.

8:50 A.M

Everybody comes out of the room with a smile of accomplishment on their faces. Cutie also comes out of his room all dressed. We realise we are late and dash towards the staircase to catch the last bus to college. Though frantically we run to parking lot downstairs, the bus has already left. Feeling energised by the jog from second floor to parking lot all of us walk to the backside of hostel to catch a taxi.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Surya.... really good !!!!
    I like it....Congrat U..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gud one to start with..Keep it up Sureedu!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful blog dude....keep blogging!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one..luv d names..rotlu..cutie smarty.jumbo.pehlwan.beda n d icing on the cake nerdy n panic

    ReplyDelete